About Don E. Smith - The Speech Wiz
Imagine learning to talk with your mouth full. Literally!
Dinner time for Don was as much about the flavorful conversation around any topic his dad would introduce, as it was about the tasty meals his mother prepared. It was there, that he learned the value of consolidating your content, organizing your point, and delivering your "table topic" with passion that would become the core work of The Speech Wiz.
As a speech and communications major at Curry College (Milton, MA) he captained their champion debate team and competed in collegiate speech tournaments. He even debated prisoners serving life sentences at Walpole Prison, and lost. (No shame, they beat everyone.) As a result of the exhilarating combination of using a focused mind and a gift for self-expression he has been drawn to speaking his entire life.
- Founded The Speech Wiz in 2002
- Began coaching in 1999
- A Distinguished Toastmaster (DTM)
- 40 year communications career
- Positions in ownership, sales, marketing and communications management positions
- Diverse industry experience including financial services, manufacturing, healthcare, exposition services, graphic arts production, and IT services
- Independent TV & Film producer
- Creative force behind the full-length animated feature film, Gallavants (1985, Mediafare Entertainment)
- Collegiate Instructor in Public Speaking
- Current faculty of American Management Association (AMA)
President, Stay Visible, LLC
The Speech Wiz was founded in 2002 with one simple mission: "Helping executives become speaking successes." The opportunity to share techniques and insights about speaking successfully with executives who want to transform their careers, lives and confidence for the better is a sincere privilege. With a proven track record and proprietary coaching methods, The Speech Wiz transforms executives into highly fluent, influential and confident speaking successes.
Giving back to a worthwhile cause is an essential core value of The Speech Wiz. Since 2012, Don has served as the lead coach for the "Survivors Speak" program of Jane Doe No More, a non-profit organization using public speaking to change the way society responds to victims of sexual violence.
Don also "walks the talk" as a transformational speaker through his “Won’t Power” program. The content of his keynote speech and workshops are inspired by the work he has does with clients in his personal success development coaching practice, WisdomWorks. Through this program clients and audiences learn how to convert their dreams into desires, and their desires in to successes through the application of Intention.